Who uses Elevated?
This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices of ElevatedCareers.com, a website owned and operated by eHarmony, Inc. (the "Elevated Service" or "Elevated").
- What Information We Collect
- How We Collect and Use Information
- Mobile Device Additional Terms
- Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
- Third-Party Advertising
- Age Restrictions
- Links to or Access from Other Sites
- Updating Your Information
- Data Retention
- Contacting the Website
- Acceptance of Privacy Statement
What Information We Collect
The types of information that we collect fall under two general categories: personally identifiable information (PII) and non-personally identifiable information (non-PII). PII consists of any information which can be used to specifically identify you as an individual, whereas non-PII consists of aggregate information or any information that does not reveal your identity. The following sections describe how your PII and non-PII are collected by us, and how we use such information.
How We Collect and Use Information
- Log Files.Any time you visit any of our websites, our servers automatically gather information from your browser (such as your IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks) to analyze trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information. For example, we may log your IP address for system administration purposes. IP addresses are logged to track a user’s session. This gives us an idea of which parts of our site users are visiting. We do not share the log files externally.
- Web Beacons."Web beacons" (also known as "clear gifs" and "pixel tags") are small transparent graphic images that are often used in conjunction with cookies in order to further personalize our website for our users and to collect a limited set of information about our visitors. We may also use web beacons in email communications in order to understand the behavior of our customers. We do not link the web beacons to any PII.
- Mobile Analytics.We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any PII you submit within the mobile application.
- Information About Members.When you register or subscribe to our services, we collect a wide variety of information about you. For our Elevated Service, if you are a Candidate, you provide us with answers to our proprietary Profile Builder questionnaire, and we use your answers to build a profile for you, to assess your compatibility with your current company or employer culture, and to match you with compatible Employers or recruiters based on skills, experience, and culture. Your individual responses to the questions in our questionnaire will be held strictly confidential, while other PII and non-PII about yourself (such as name, occupation, resume, personal contact information, photo, etc.) will be used to build your profile. Any PII included in your profile will only be shared with an Employer or recruiter if you choose to share such information. The Elevated Service default will only make your compatibility with a company or in connection with a specific job listing available to such party without your prior consent. Finally, for interactive content and community services where you may choose to have a public profile, we may display your information to other community members and visitors. If you are an Employer or recruiter, we will only share public job listings with Candidates and provide Candidates with a compatibility profile for your company or entity (including but not limited to, company culture fit and specific job fit). All company culture data is based on questionnaire responses submitted to Elevated by current or former employees or contractors of a company. Except as otherwise stated in this privacy statement, we do not disclose your PII to other users of the service.
- Purchase Information.To process purchases, we may require your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card information. Such information is used primarily to process your order or as otherwise described herein. Credit card transactions are processed through industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or strong encryption (3DES) by a third party, which only uses your information for that purpose.
- E-mails and Telephone Calls.We require an e-mail address from you when you register for our services. We use your e-mail for both transactional (e.g., order confirmation, refund and renewal processing, notifications from Employers and recruiters) and promotional (e.g., newsletters, new product offerings, special discounts, event notifications, special third-party offers) purposes. E-mail messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the e-mails, including whether the e-mail was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. If you would rather not receive promotional e-mails from us, please see the section below labeled "Choice/Opt-Out". We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Elevated services, such as service announcements and administrative messages. We may also contact you by telephone or text message (including to any wireless number you may provide to us) solely in connection with the Elevated services. If you would rather not receive telephone calls or text messages from us, you may change or delete your number from your account preferences page(s), or ask to be removed from our contact list if you receive a call or text message from us. We fully comply with the requirements of the U.S. CAN-SPAM Act.
- Mobile Device.If you use a mobile device to access our site or download any of our applications, we may collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system and version information, and IP address. We collect your geolocational information only upon your consent.
- Demographic Data.Demographic data is also collected at our site. We use this data to tailor our visitors’ experience at our site, showing them content that we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences. Some of this information may be shared with advertisers on a non-personally identifiable basis.
- Online Survey Data.We may periodically conduct voluntary member surveys. We encourage our members to participate in such surveys because they provide us with important information regarding the improvement of our services. You may also volunteer for certain surveys that we may offer to our users, and any additional rules regarding the conduct of such surveys will be disclosed to you prior to your participation. We do not link the survey responses to any PII, and all responses are anonymous.
- Information Regarding Your Friends.We encourage you to refer a friend to our Elevated service by sending us a friend’s name and email address. We will keep this information in our database, and send that person a one-time e-mail containing your name and inviting them to visit our site. This e-mail will also include instructions on how to remove their information from our database. You agree that you will not abuse this feature by entering names and addresses of those who would not be interested in the Elevated services. For some of our services, you may also give gift memberships to your friends, in which case we will use your friends’ e-mail address that you provide in order to deliver the gift. The gift recipient must complete a profile in order to receive the service.
- Public Forums.Our Elevated blog contains posts which are relevant to careers and employment and is available to our users and visitors. Any information that is disclosed in the comments section of any Elevated post becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any PII. To request removal of your personal information from our blog, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so.
- Use for Research.In addition to the uses outlined above, by using our site, you agree to allow us to anonymously use the information from you and your experiences to continue our research into successful relationships. This research, conducted by experts in the field, may be published in academic journals. However, all of your responses will be kept anonymous, and no PII will be published.
Mobile Device Additional Terms
- Mobile Device.If you use a mobile device to access our site or download any of our applications, we may collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system and version information, and IP address.
- Geo-Location Information.We do not ask you for, access or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our Mobile Apps or services.
- Push Notifications.We send you push notifications if you choose to receive them for a number of purposes, including but not limited to: (i) if you are a Candidate, notifying you of new relevant job listings, (ii) if you are an Employer or recruiter, notifying you of compatible Candidates, new applications, or inquiries related to one of your job listings (iii) letting you know when someone has sent you a message through the Elevated Service, or (iii) for other service-related matters. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications you may turn them off at the device level.
Disclosure of Your Information
- Disclosure to Other Members.As an integral part of providing the Elevated service, we will make your profile information available to compatible Employers, recruiters, or Candidates, as applicable. All public profile information posted by you may be available to such members depending on what you choose to share. If you are a Candidate, your personal contact information will only be displayed or shared with your prior approval. Contact may also be made directly through the Elevated service without disclosure of personal contact information. If you are an Employer or recruiter, you may add job listings that do not identify your company by name.
- Disclosure By Law.You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend Elevated’s, or a third party’s rights or property; or (3) protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including you) is threatened.
- Disclosure to Trusted Third Parties By Us.We may share your non-PII with third parties, but not in a manner that would reveal your identity. We may share your PII, sometimes in conjunction with your non-PII, with service providers that may be associated with us to perform functions on our behalf. For example, outsourced customer care agents or technology assistants may need access to your information to perform services for you. Your information will be treated as private and confidential by such service providers and not used for any other purpose than we authorize. In addition, from time to time, we may share PII (such as e-mail or mailing address) about our user base with carefully selected third parties, so they can offer goods and services that we believe may be of interest to our users. If you do not wish to receive offers from our trusted partners, you can change your e-mail preferences at any time by following the steps outlined in the "Choice/Opt-Out" section below.
- Search Engine.Some portions of your profile or job listings may be available to search engine crawlers and therefore may appear in internet search results, but no PII (e.g., last name, photos) will be included in such search results.
- Information Transferred As a Result of Sale of Business.As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets and, depending on the transaction, your PII may be one of the transferred assets. In the event that we are acquired by another company, your PII may be part of the assets transferred to the acquiring party. If this occurs, you will be notified if there are any material changes to the way your PII is collected or used.
We may use third-party advertising agencies or other service providers to serve ads on our website on behalf of Elevated or third-party advertisers (e.g., retailers of goods or services). These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is completely anonymous. Some of these third-party advertising agencies may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers you the option to opt out of ad targeting from its member agencies by following the procedures listed here.
Third Parties, with whom we partner to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html#117118
We will only share your information with third parties in the ways defined in this privacy statement.
Our age restrictions for different services are set forth in each applicable Terms and Conditions of Service. We do not target our sites or services to children under the age of 13, and in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, any information we may receive from users we believe to be under the age of 13 will be purged from our database.
We have extensive security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information stored in our database. These measures include the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or strong encryption (3DES) technology during credit card transactions and administrative access to site data, as well as other proprietary security measures which are applied to all repositories and transfers of user information. We will exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your computer and our servers, but given that no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet and hence accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
Links to or Access from Other Sites
You may be able to access your account or content of your account from third party sites, such as social networking sites, by way of various applications. The privacy policies and practices of such sites in connection with information you disclose on such sites may differ from the practices of Elevated as set forth in this privacy statement, and you should review their policies and practices to ensure that the privacy of the information you submit on their site does not conflict with and is consistent with how you wish your information to be treated. Such sites may also place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of any other websites that may provide access to, or be linked to or from, this site, including that of any social networking sites and third party advertisers whose offerings require you to navigate away from our site.
You may use the following options for removing your information, including an unauthorized profile, from our e-mail database if you wish to opt out of receiving promotional e-mails and newsletters.
- Click on the "unsubscribe" link on the bottom of the e-mail.
- Send mail to the following postal address letting us know which promotional e-mails you wish to opt-out of:Elevated Careersc/o eHarmony, Inc.P.O. Box 241810Los Angeles, CA 90024 USA
- For any services that allow you to control which e-mails you receive, go to the e-mail settings page from your account home page, and un-check the undesired promotions.
- For Customer Care assistance, email email@example.com.
Updating Your Information
Elevated provides users the following options for changing and modifying information previously submitted, including deletion of your personal information.
- For the Elevated service, review our FAQs or send our Customer Care an email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- You may change your credit card (if applicable) information, e-mail address, password and other information from the account settings or preferences page; or
- You may send mail to the postal address listed above, providing us with your account information and letting us know what information you wish to update.
We retain your personal information for continued service and convenience purposes until you advise us not to do so. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may retain personal information in order to comply with applicable laws, keep accurate records, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, enforce our Terms and Conditions of Service or other agreements, or for any other legally permissible purpose.
Contacting the Website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the practices of this site, you can contact:
c/o eHarmony, Inc.
P.O. Box 241810
Los Angeles, CA 90024 USA
Acceptance of Privacy Statement
Your continued use of any portion of our website following posting of the updated privacy statement will constitute your acceptance of the changes.
This privacy statement was last revised on April 29, 2015.
Copyright © 2015 eHarmony, Inc. All Rights Reserved.